WordPress 5.0 is scheduled to be released tomorrow. Are you prepared? Should you update? The big question is will your plugins and theme work with the new version. If you can create a test site and install release candidate 3 and test, test and test! If you cannot create a test site contact all of your plugin developers and your theme developer. You don’t want to be caught off guard if you do decide to update immediately.
Should you update even if all of your components will work with the new version? If you are running an e-commerce site I would wait until after the holidays. You can ill afford any problems. I am optimistic that any issues will be quickly resolved and updates will be made. If you have a small informational site or blog and your plugins and theme are ready you may be able to make the switch.
I will be updating this site in a few days. I know my theme and plugins are ready and I have a backup available should anything go wrong. As for my client sites I am going to wait until the new year.
I would be happy to entertain your thoughts and questions. Feel free to respond to this post or get in touch with me directly.